Job Opportunities at James D. Julia Inc.
James D. Julia, Inc. is an internationally recognized antique auction firm who works with collectors all over the world. Julia’s is one of the world’s leading auctioneers of rare, high grade, quality antiques, and based on annual sales, is one of the top ten antique auctioneers in North America. As with any small business team, all of our associates wear many hats in order to deliver the finest service to our consignors and customers.
Fax or E-mail:
Subject Line: Telemarker
Attention: Nancy Turcotte-Noonan, Executive Assistant
James D. Julia
203 Skowhegan Road
Fairfield, ME 04937
Serve as a team member within our auction team as a conduit for building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients. Providing detailed information and communication regarding company protocols and auction items in a friendly, professional manner. Maintaing a fast pace while focusing on details in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner within a clearly defined structure.
• Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor when dealing with clients and co-workers.
• Detail and task oriented
• Strong spelling and grammatical skills
• Methodical and precise in communication
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Capable of disseminating concise information and directing inquiries to appropriate staff members.
• Responsible for being familiar with the JDJ protocol and customer database (RFC)
• Maintain and adhere to company protocols and telemarketing “script”
• Make outgoing calls to clients who have received our marketing materials
• Provide back-up coverage for general reception, take bids and route calls to appropriate staff members
• Strong verbal communication and professional demeanor on the telephone
• All other duties as required.
• Must pass a background investigation and have no criminal convictions
• High school degree required
• Must be willing to work seasonal overtime to meet deadlines as necessary
• Must be punctual, dependable and conscientious
• Experience using word processing, database applications, email, the internet, and Word, as well as an interest in learning new systems
• Comfortable with frequent interruptions
• Strong listening skills and excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and team skills.
• Experience working as part of a team in a fast paced environment
• Requires sitting for extended periods of time using the telephone and computer monitor
• Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Verbal Communication